The European Schoolbooks marketing team present or take part in a variety of exhibitions and presentations throughout the year related to the languages and literatures of Europe, especially but not only French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Russian.
We are always pleased to consider suggestions for new events. Just email us at suggest an event
To view past events please click here.
The Languages:MK Show 2018
30th June 2018 - The Rivers Centre Trent Road, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK3 7BB - 10.00 - 14:00
The Languages:MK Show is a free one day event to celebrate the cultural diversity of Milton Keynes and showcase a wide range of language opportunities. Whether you're curious about learning a new language, looking for a change of career, or working in a language related profession, this event has something for you.
A collaboration between the Open University, the Institute for Translation and Interpreting, and Milton Keynes Council, the day will offer:
- Free taster sessions in a range of different languages, as well as a language café to practise any language skills
- Careers advisors to discuss language based careers, whether you are looking to change career or are still in education considering next steps
- A range of talks and CPD sessions covering the latest language topics and research
- An exhibition with live cultural performances and the opportunity to speak to businesses and organisations.
European Schoolbooks Ltd will be exhibiting throughout the event with a range of foreign language resources in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Portuguese. We'll also be offering 10% discount to all visitors so why not come and say hello!
For more details on the programme and for booking information, visit the Event Page.
Northern Languages Show Pilot: Building Independent Language Learners
7th July 2018 - Sheffield Hallam University - 9:30 - 15:00
Following the success of the NPLS (Northern Primary Languages Show) in York, ALLNE and ALL Yorkshire are pleased to announce the pilot of the Northern Languages Show (NLS), exclusively for ALL members.
This event, for primary and secondary colleagues will focus on the theme of ‘Building Independent Language Learners.’ The programme outline is as follows:
Plenary sessions relevant to all from:
- Wendy Adeniji – an OFSTED perspective
- Martine Pillette – developing listening confidence
- Steven Fawkes – keeping cheerful
- Workshops for Primary: Clare Seccombe: Writing, Steven Fawkes: THE LANGUAGE MAGICIAN
- Workshop for Secondary and Primary: Jennifer Wozniak: Grammar
- Workshops for Secondary: GCSE Forum, Juliet Park: Writing, Simone Conboy: Literature / authentic texts
European Schoolbooks Ltd will be attending with a display of our latest language learning resources and Picture Books in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Portuguese and will be offering a 10% discount and free P&P on orders placed during the conference.
For more details on the event and for booking information, click here.
Read our latest blog, Bilingual parenting Q&A: Are children confused by two languages?